Ofsted last inspected Oasis Academy Blakenhale Infants on the 13th and 14th of December 2016.
The academy was graded 'good' in all areas. The main findings of this inspection found that;
- The executive principal works closely with the deputy principal to provide strong leadership. They are well supported by committed local academy councillors and skilled multi-academy leaders.
- Close collaboration between middle leaders in this school and the next-door junior school has also helped to sustain significant improvement since the previous inspection.
- Provision for sport is very strong. As a result, pupils make particularly rapid progress in physical education. In response to good teaching, they also develop their phonic understanding very effectively.
- All pupils respond enthusiastically to good teaching and excellent care and behave well.
- All staff and most parents recognise substantial improvements in teaching and pupils’ behaviour and learning in recent years. They rightly identify that pupils enjoy their time at the school and feel very safe.
- Pupils show much improved and securely good attitudes to their work, and by the time they leave they are well prepared for future learning.
- Pupils make good progress from their different starting points. Standards across the school are typically average and improving quickly.
- The early years provision is good. As a result, children in the Nursery and Reception classes typically make rapid progress in all aspects of their learning.
- Disadvantaged pupils and those who have special educational needs and/or disabilities make the same fast progress as their classmates. Past differences between disadvantaged pupils and others in the school and nationally have been significantly diminished.
- At times, teachers do not deepen pupils’ understanding by setting appropriately challenging work, especially for the most able pupils.
- Pupils’ handwriting, and the knowledge of basic numeracy facts of some lower attaining pupils, are not developed as well as other skills.
You can leave your feedback on our academy today! Just visit the Ofsted Parent View website to answer a short questionnaire about our academy and give your views.