Attendance and Punctuality
The Academy is committed to encouraging pupils to attend school regularly. We will work with parents and pupils to secure this aim.
- Academy gates open each day at 8.45am.
- Anyone arriving after 8:55am must bring their child to the office to sign in late
- Children arriving late after 9.30am (after register closes) will receive an unauthorised absence for the morning.
- Parent/carer MUST telephone school before 9.20am on the first day their child is not attending school due to illness and each subsequent day thereafter (unless a time of absence can be given on first day of illness eg: chickenpox).
- Failure to report illness before 9.20am on each day of illness results in unauthorised absence. 5 days unauthorised absence or more will be reported to the Education Attendance Service which, in classes Reception – Year 2 could result in a fine.
- Unauthorised absence will result in a fine and possible court proceedings.
- We reward our children for good attendance and the class with the best attendance each week is announced in Mondays PLTS assembly.
- The school day finishes at 3.20am (Foundation Stage) and 3:25pm (Key Stage 1).