The UK Government is closely monitoring the spread of the Coronavirus. We are following their advice, which you can read on the GOV.UK website.
The UK Government is closely monitoring the spread of the Coronavirus. We are following their advice, which you can read on the GOV.UK website or by clicking HERE.
People should not be unduly worried about the possibility of catching the Coronavirus. If your child is well and has not recently visited an area where the Coronavirus is confirmed (or been in contact with someone who it has been confirmed has the Coronavirus), they should be in school.
Advice for Recent Travellers
If you or your child has been to any of the following regions in the past 14 days (or been in contact with someone who it has been confirmed has the Coronavirus) you are advised to stay at home and call NHS 111, regardless of if you have symptoms:
- Wuhan city and Hubei Province (China)
- Daegu or Cheongdo (Republic of Korea)
- Any Italian town under containment measures (see map).
If you or your child has been to any of the following countries and you or they develop symptoms, you should remain at home and call NHS 111.
Cambodia, China*, Hong Kong, northern Italy (see map)*, Japan, Laos, Macau, Malaysia, Myanmar, Republic of Korea*, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam. *Except areas of the country specifically referred to in category 1.
The best way for us to help prevent the spread of the Coronavirus is to follow normal precautions against the common cold or flu, and we are encouraging our staff, pupils and visitors to:
- Wash your hands often - with soap and water, or use alcohol sanitiser if handwashing facilities are not available. This is particularly important after taking public transport.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throwing the tissue in a bin. See Catch it, Bin it, Kill it.
- Stay at home and not attend work or any education or childcare setting if you feel unwell.
We will continue to follow the UK Government’s guidance, and provide any additional updates via our academy websites.